by Mario C. Veo
New Age ‘spirituality’ has long been popular…and often abused by unscrupulous people – shocking, is it?! Consider that anyone can call themselves a ‘psychic’, or teach something they just read about, or [if they look at all ‘exotic’] style themselves a ‘Guru’… it’s all just ‘performance art’ – but that is designed to take advantage of your good nature! It’s too easy to ‘roll back your eyes, put on a funny voice, and sprout forth that “The Guides” [or, God forbid, some weird Entity from a different dimension] have a specific message for you”.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I’m NOT saying that all psychics are fakes, nor that Mediums are con artist [I know that there are some wonderful people out there], but seriously, how would you recognize a real one from a fake ? [after all, you don’t have some special ‘gift’ that allows you to know this, nor do you have a wizard in your pocket that will scan everyone you come across.] So, how would you know if they are fakes ?
Easy – just consider the following
1) Do they Walk the Talk – do they live according to the Spiritual Principles they talk about…and, are they truly knowledgeable about them.
2) Are they charging you way too much for a simple session – Yes, I understand that they have to make a living…but if they are charging more than your lawyer / doctor / mechanic…then there’s something wrong
3) Are they pushing you to pay more than what you originally scheduled for… or tell you about some ‘unexpected problems’ that will now cost more to fix… or wanting you to make further appointments
4) Are they judgmental / critical of you – making you feel guilty or ashamed… Are they loud and crass, pushing you to accept their point-of-view, and belittling yours.
5) Are they trying to impress you by telling you how ‘professional’ they are… or wave a Professional Psychic Certificate around… or – even better – tell you that they are ‘an Avatar’ but there’s more –
True Spiritual Seekers are serious about their studies… and have been doing them for decades. They have dedicated their whole Life to Higher Principles, and are committed to live by them. This makes them retreat from the glamour / ego / limelight of society… they do not seek to be worshiped or adored [they know all about Karma, and the consequences of such narcissism] They are continually working on themselves, growing and studying, doing deep self-examination, healing and releasing the Past. Some of them are quite intense, others appear soft and gentle…but they all have deep knowledge and wisdom.
So now you know… the next time someone tries to sell you a ‘healing crystal for $ 5,000… or tell you that you are ‘possessed’… or that ‘you are the Master of the Universe, and you should give up your Life and study with them’… [don’t laugh, all these are things that have actually happened]… then smile and enjoy the show – for this may well be one of the best performances you’ve ever seen, outside of Broadway.
Know this well – the Spiritual path is one of deep commitment, of personal hard work, cleansing and releasing all that is shallow and reactive about one’s self… a Path where the person holds themselves to a very high standard, much higher than what is common in society. We don’t steal / get drunk / do drugs, do not cheat, lie, have indiscriminate sex, consciously hurt or betray others… and most of all, DO NOT want to be glorified.
We walk the Path because… having seen the Light, we would not want it any other way.
Mario C. Veo is a teacher of Spiritual Science and a Healing Arts Practitioner. He teaches classes and individuals on Personal Transformation and the Expansion of Consciousness. Mario is available for personal guidance and consultations on Tuesdays and monthly on the last Sunday at the Shining Lotus™ Bookstore.